- Published: Monday, 08 February 2016 17:55
- Written by Scott
#1. Make Incremental Improvements to your Business Model
- Gain insightful feedback on all aspects of your customer journey to better understand your businesses' strengths and improvement areas.
#2. Make More Confident Businesses Decisions
- Test the market by measuring consumer demand before throwing money at an unproven idea.
#3. Become a Thought Leader in your Industry
- Become an authority in your chosen field by sponsoring and communicating industry research.
#4. Expand into New Markets by Understanding the Needs of the Consumer
- Use research to test and trial new concepts, user experiences and even marketing copy.
#5. Generate Great PR Content from Market Research Surveys
- Make your press releases more interesting and relevant by citing stats from your latest research study. Great for improving brand awareness and reputation.
#6. Measure and Track Consumer Perceptions of your Brand
- Gain robust feedback on your brand awareness, favourability, brand attributes, purchase intent and more.
#7. Track Customer Satisfaction Scores
- Ensure fast business growth does not negatively impact your customer experience.
#8. Monitor Competitor Activities
- Identify competitor best practices and opportunities, ensuring you stay ahead of the game.
#9. Gain Feedback from your Employees
- Employee engagement surveys will measure the morale of your workforce and help you improve staff motivation and retention.
#10. Support a Business Case
- Use robust data to prove to your investors that you understand the market and your target customers