Robust Insight was commissioned to convey a survey commissioned by IBA, the world’s leading provider of proton therapy solutions. The report “State of the Proton Therapy Market in 2017” is based on an online survey among 1,200 hospitals in order to assess how they view proton therapy today and in the future.
222 replies from radio-oncologist professionals were received from 205 institutions in 29 countries. 36% of the respondents were from centers performing proton therapy. The main highlights of the study were:
- More than 68% of the respondents believe that Proton Therapy will continue to grow rapidly in the future
- 82% of respondents were aware that Proton Therapy has lower risk of treatment induced disorders versus conventional Radiation Therapy.
- Compared to a similar study in 2009, Proton Therapy is seen as more efficacious in 2016 than in 2009 for cancers like Pediatric, Base of Skull Treatment, Lung and Prostate.
- Just over 50% of the respondents cite limited clinical evidence and limited reimbursement for Proton Therapy as the biggest barriers impacting the growth of Proton Therapy
- 77% of respondents believe there will be more and more clinical evidence demonstrating the benefits of PT
- 73% believe that the availability of PT will have a growing impact on Centers reputation
Please CLICK HERE to view the full report.